CLICK HERE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT

Monday, May 10, 2010

Kindling........

         Ok my  so I am going to blather about my Kindle on this post. What is a Kindle?  Really??  You dont know???  It is SO awesome if you are a book  reader.

It is an electronic book  that will store about 1500 books!  It is great if you travel, and like me, used to take several books and pack them in my suitcase when I went on trips. Well, of course now with weight and baggage limits thats a no no. But I  hate not being able to read just the right book when I finally have the time to sit and relax!  So here is my list of all the reasons why I LOVE my Kindle:

  1. You can make the type bigger or smaller. I find that late at night, my eyes are more tired & I like a bigger print, but during the day  I want more words per page .... So I adjust!    Kindle has six adjustable font sizes to suit your reading preference. Now every book in your library can be large print.
  2. If I dont know what a  word means when I am reading I can highlight on it for the definition. And it has a dictionary built right into  the bookmarks  so you don't need to be reading a book to look up the definitions. Kindle includes The New Oxford American Dictionary with over 250,000 entries and definitions, so you can seamlessly look up the definitions of English words without interrupting your reading. Come across a word you don't know? Simply move the cursor to it and the definition will automatically display at the bottom of the screen.Simply look it up and keep reading.  
  3. Like to  make notes or highlight in your book? By using the QWERTY keyboard, you can add annotations to text, just like you might write in the margins of a book. And because it is digital, you can edit, delete, and export your notes. You can highlight and clip key passages and bookmark pages for future use. You'll never need to bookmark your last place in the book, because Kindle remembers for you and always opens to the last page you read. So cool!


  4. Free Book Samples!!! Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy them. Amazon is up to over 500,000 books available! (there was about 350,000 when I got mine in September)  All kinds of books too not just  the best sellers.There are plenty of FREE booksI check this page almost every day to see what new freebies are available. I have over 300 books on my Kindle right now & have only bought like 2 or 3 of them. also you can look here.or here  too.
  5.      I like reading on my side at night in bed. It is so easy to read every page not   just the right page if I am laying on my left side.
  6.      The screen is not shiny . the ink on the "page" totally mimics real paper. It is NOT backlit- so it does not cause eye strain like a computer screen.
  7.       It is small enough to actually fit in my purse. Ok, well  in some  of my purses:)
  8.  If I am not near my computer, I buy my books  right from the Kindle.  Or if someone suggests a book to me I can right then and there order  a sample of it   before I forget the author...
  9.  Kindle books  are  good for the environment!  Books made with paper are referred to as "dead tree books" on some Kindle blogs=)
  10. Authors DO still get paid for Kindle books.                                                                                     .......................                                                                                                                               I know , I know - I'm ranting! So I will be done for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT OR FEEDBACK FOR ME.....